So sometimes I wake up and I’m just not feeling it. I wake up on the wrong side of the bed occasionally and when I do, I do these tips. If you keep these up every morning like I do, you’ll end up waking up every morning and feeling super excited for the day ahead. Even if it’s a Monday
- Set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier than you need. This is so that your body feels like it has had a bit of a sleep in and to let your body wake up slowly.
- Have your alarm have an uplifting tune to wake you up with. The happier it is, the more you’ll love listening to it. Sometimes I will wake up in the best mood and start dancing!
- Stretch while you’re in bed. Right before you get up, stretch for about a minute. Stretch your fingers, toes, neck, arms, back and legs. Even your feet! You are going to be on them all day!
- Have a glass of water beside your bed for when you wake up. Put a full glass of water beside your bed and aim to drink it all before you start getting ready. Your body is naturally very dehydrated when you wake up because it has been fasting all night.
- Try and get rid of as many decision-making processes that you can. You can eliminate decisions the night before such as choosing your outfit, what you will eat for breakfast, what time you need to leave your house etc.
- Stay off social media! Try and stay off your phone for as long as possible unless absolutely necessary! The longer you stay off your phone, the more relaxed you’ll be. Technology can really make a negative impact on your mind and energy levels.
- Make a goal for the day. Making a goal can significantly impact what you do during the day. For example you might say “I’m going to say nice compliments to as many people as I can.” Trust me, you will feel like you’ve accomplished something at the end of the day.
- Listen to a playlist. Playing a chirpy playlist in the morning when you are getting ready is one of the best things to do. It sets your mood for the day!
- Think of all the positive things in your life. Thinking about everything good in your life first thing in the morning can help you to forget about any negativity or issues you’re experiencing.
- Spread some happiness. Sending a text to your friend or emailing a coworker can greatly improve your mood!
I love love LOVE doing these things in the morning and I know I’ve improved since I’ve started doing them. I hope you all try these or at least one of them! Trust me, you will feel so much better after doing them!